10:31

Kpop at First View

Annyeong!!! 

I´m kinda sick now so my brain it´s not working very well, so I´ll write a short entry as in this moment I think my head it´s going to explode  T.T  .In this moment I´m sleepy, I´m cold and I can´t stop sneezing, my head hurts,my back hurts and I´m sleepy. I know I said sleepy 2 times but I´m very very sleepy. And I know I´m whining but I´s sick so I´m allowed to whine.

I´m going to start before I fall asleep. This entry is about something I discoverd while watching some of my favorite Super Junior music videos. The FANSERVICE. 

If you look for the word in wikipedia you get this definition : In Japanese manga and anime, Fan service (ファンサービス fan sābisu?), fanservice, or service cut (サービスカット sābisu katto?), is material that is designed to amuse or excite the audience with especially derived content – giving the fans "exactly what they want"– and usually refers to "gratuitous titillation".

But here we´re talking about music, not about manga and anime, and also, even if fanservice existe in the jpop or jrock, here we´re talking about kpop fanservice. And also, even if there´s fanservice from girl groups to males there´s also fanservice from male groups to females.

I´m a girl so of course, I´ll be talking about the boy groups fanservice.^¬^ 

Nowadays there´s less fanservice than before, but hey, at least there is some. Every boy group does fanservice, normally little things like holding hands, hugs,sitting on or lying against another person,Caressing (petting)[ gently stroking body parts or hair with a hand]or giving cheek kisses. And it isnt´t needed more than that. Fans are happy with that. 

It may be looking weird to Europeans or Americans but the physical contact between boys is better viewed in South Korea or Japan than other countries. Actually,it´s promoted. This has actuall has a name. In South Korea it´s called skinship, which is a blend derived from "skin", plus the last syllable of "friendship". 

You can normally see this skinship when watching group members taking care of the youngest member ( magknae in korean). In every group there is always a leader which normally is the oldest or more experienced and the magknae,which like I said before is the youngest. Beside those normally there´s the lead vocal, the rapper (where in some groups there are two), the lead dancer etc..

For example in one of my favourite groups SHINee there´s: Onew (Lee Jinki)- the leader and backing vocalist, Jonghyun (Kim Jonghyun)- main vocal, Key (Kim Kibum)- rapper and backing vocalist, Minho (Choi Minho)- rapper and backing vocalist and Taemin (Lee Taemin)- magknae, main dancer and backing vocalist. 

Of course, in any kpop group all the member sing and dance. It may not seem hard but to become member of a group normally they have to go to casting and win it, being the best of thousands of persons. After that they are trainees for years. And if they get to be in a group they have to word on the choreos, songs, recordings, concerts, besides the drama they normally participate, the variety shows, the record label concerts and tours (for example SM TOWN for SM Entertainment, YG Familie for YG Entertainment etc..). All of those beside normal school classes.
It´s true that normally  they do to music, art or drama in university but you can even find them even in IT carrers.

Truth is that it may seem that they are a bit exploited by their record companies, but they don´t care because they know that without the hard work they wouldn´t have been able to achieve their dreams.




 

0 comentarios: